Air Conditioner Service, AC Service Company & A/C Tune-Up & Maintenance
Fairview, PA, Millcreek, PA & Erie, PA
Your air conditioning system requires regular maintenance in order to function effectively and efficiently throughout its years of service. Neglecting necessary tuning guarantees a steady decline in cooling performance while energy use steadily increases. Waiting for the system to fail entirely before paying it some much-needed attention will cost you far more in both time and money. An affordable maintenance agreement from Nerthling's Heating and Air Conditioning ensures the highest level and most knowledgeable service in Erie County and across Millcreek, PA, Erie, PA & Fairview, PA. Our team of NATE-certified technicians is committed to doing the job right, promoting maximum value for your investment.
Expert Air Conditioning Service in Erie, PA
AC Service in Millcreek, PA, Erie, PA & Fairview, PA
Family owned and operated since 1952, Nerthling's Heating and Air Conditioning upholds a longstanding tradition of courteous and quality service. We are extremely proud of our sixty-plus years in business and the relationships we’ve built with our customers. Fair pricing, ethical business practices, and personalized service are combined with skilled technicians and premier products to deliver results you can count on year after year. Your satisfaction is extremely important to us. We earn your confidence through proper time management, protection of your property, and a job well done.
There is a nearly endless list of reasons of why preventative maintenance is a smart investment. Some of the benefits and important tasks Nerthling's Heating and Air Conditioning perform include:
- Filter Replacement – Clogged, dirty filters obstruct airflow and reduce a system’s efficiency. When airflow is blocked, air bypasses the filter, carrying debris directly into the evaporator coil. Replacing a contaminated filter with a clean one can reduce your cooling unit’s energy use by five to fifteen percent.
- Coil Cleaning – The evaporator and condenser coil are the two main components of your central air system. Over time, these coils collect dust, pollen, and organic matter. This debris limits air flow and insulates the coil, hindering its ability to absorb heat.
- Mold Prevention – The moisture from condensation forming on the unit’s evaporator coils creates the perfect environment for mold and mildew growth. Professional cleaning prevents the development of mold. Keeping ducts free of dirt and debris decreases the possibility of mold growth by eliminating organic matter on which mold can feed.
- Fin Inspection – The aluminum fins on evaporator and condenser coils are easily bent. Bent fins may block airflow through the coil.
- Condensate Drain Troubleshooting – Algae often finds the perfect habitat in the wet, warm environment of a condensate collector beneath the evaporator coil. Blocked drain channels prevent the air conditioner from handling humidity. The resulting moisture may discolor walls and carpets. Condensate overflow from unseen leakage can lead to extensive property damage by the time it is noticed by homeowners.
- Refrigerant Testing – We check for the correct amount of refrigerant and test for leaks. The performance and efficiency of your cooling system rely on refrigerant charge exactly matching manufacturer’s specifications. Leaks can also be harmful to the environment. We will capture any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system for recycling.
- Proper Airflow – By measuring airflow through the evaporator coil, we ensure maximum capacity and efficiency.
- Electrical Connections – Our licensed technicians verify the correct electrical control sequence for safe and proper operation. We make sure the heating and cooling systems cannot operate simultaneously. We will also inspect electric terminals, clean and tighten connectors, and apply a non-conductive coating if needed.
- Motors – Without proper lubrication, friction causes wear and tear, and shortens service life. We oil motors and check belts for tightness and wear to promote smooth and extended performance.
- Troubleshooting – Any worn or faulty components will be replaced before they result in costly and aggravating malfunctions. As a Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer, Nerthling's Heating and Air Conditioning relies on Factory Authorized Parts to restore to like-new condition.
- Warranty Coverage – If your system is protected by warranty, regular service is necessary for continued coverage. Without a record of professional service, any damage as the result is the responsibility of the homeowner.
- Timely Service – Inspection of your cooling system in the spring allows the factory trained technicians from Nerthling's Heating and Air Conditioning to get it ready for the summer workload. You can face the upcoming heat and humidity with total confidence in your air conditioner.
- Emergency Service – As a valued customer, you’re never left without service in desperate situations. Our dedicated team of professionals is available to provide the prompt and knowledgeable assistance you need whenever you need it. Nerthling's Heating and Air Conditioning offers air conditioning repair service during extended regular business hours and emergency service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.